- Price: USD
- Duration:16 Days
- Primary Activity:Trekking
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Meals:Full Board during Trekking
- Accomodation:Hotel + Lodge + Camping
- Trip Code:
- Max-Altitude:4,870 m.
- Transportation:Jeep/ Flight
- Departure from:Kathmandu
- Culture:Gurung, Rai and Sherpa
About Makalu Base Camp Trek- 16 Days
Makalu Base Camp Trekking, the fifth highest mountain in the world, Mount Makalu lies at the height of 8463m. It is located in the Makalu Barun National Park, which covers an area of 2330 sq. around the Solukhumbu and Sankhuwasabha districts of Nepal. And, the panorama of the highest mountain in the world such as Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Chamlang, Makalu and other mountains greets you.
Makalu base camp trek can be fairly challenging in some parts depending upon your level of physical fitness. The outstanding scenery of Makalu Base Camp Trek’s route significantly provides unique cultural heritage and incredible views of mountain peaks. The trek begins with a flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar of Mid-eastern Nepal for half an hour. The trail to Makalu Base Camp Trek envelops plain, a sub-tropical valley of the Arun River basin to extraordinary temperate passes called Keke La pass (4230m) and Tutu La pass (4200m), many edges ascend up from the Barun River valley which is off the beaten mid-hill trails.
Gurung, Rai, and Sherpa are the main habitats in this area. The trails follow the beautiful Barun river valley in the Makalu Barun National Park, crossing the Shipton pass (4127 m) before arriving at Makalu Base Camp, from here views of the south face of Makalu, as well as Everest and Lhotse is really amazing. Also, you will have a fantastic view of mountain, glacier-lake and Hungu valley.
Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,400m)
Trek preparation and sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley
Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and drive to Num (1,560m)
Trek from Num to Sheduwa (1,510m): Camping
Trek from Sheduwa to Tashi Gaun (2,070m): Camping
Acclimatization at Tashi Gaun (rest day): camping
Trek from Tashi Gaun to Khongma (3,760m): Camping
Trek from Khongma to Mumbuk (3,520m): Camping
Trek from Mumbuk to Nehe Kharka (4,320m): Camping
Trek from Nehe Kharka to Makalu Base Camp (4,870m)
Trek from MaKalu Base Camp to Yangle Kharka : Camping
Trek from Yangle Kharka to Khongma: Camping
Trek from Khongma to Sheduwa: Camping
Trek from Sheduwa to Num and drive to Khadbari or Tumlingtar
Fly to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel
Transfer to Tribhuvan International Airport for final departure
Note of above itinerary: B = Breakfast, B.B = Bed & Breakfast, B.L.D = Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Special offers for group
Person : USD 2,240 per Person
- 2 – 5
Person : USD 2,160 per Person
- 6 +
Person : USD 2080 per Person
- All airport transfer by private a/c Car/van/bus
- Air Transportation: (Domestic Flight) Fly from Kathmanduu – Tumlingtar – Kathmandu, as per itinerary.
-Land Transportation: Drive Tumlingtar to Num and While Returning: Num to Tumlingtar
- 3 nights sharing twin bed room at hotel (3 Star category) in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis.
- Farewell Dinner.
- Basic Tea-house accommodation
- Licensed English-speaking guide, Experience knows about First Aid
- Necessary Porters
- Meals during the trek basic
- All necessary paper works: Makalu Barun National Park permit, TIMS Card & conservation area entry permit and its fee.
- Sleeping bags and other necessary equipments
- Staff insurance, medication and equipment
- All Govt. and Local Taxes
- First Aid Kit
- Trekking Certificate from Destination Unlimited
- International airfares/ airport taxes
- Travel/trekking insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Mountain rescue charges or insurance
- Drinks hot and cold.
- Bottled drinks on trek (cold and alcoholic)
- Lunches and dinners when not trekking
- Additional food or drink on trek in addition to three standard meals
- Personal expenses, Emergency Expenses, road blocked, snakes, desert.etc
- Special region permit and liaison officer fees (where applicable)
- Tips(Tipping are expected)