- Price:400 USD
- Duration:5 Days
- Primary Activity:Tour
- Group Size:2 - 25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Normal
- Meals:Bed and Breakfast
- Trip Code:
- Max-Altitude:1400 m.
- Transportation:As per the itinerary
- Departure from:Kathmandu
- Culture:Buddhist Culture
About Lumbini Tour-5 Days
Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, is the center of holy faith for the millions of Buddhists all over the world. Located in south-western Nepal, Lumbini holds several reminders of Lord Buddha. One of the most important historical sites in Nepal is endowed by nature with rich natural beauty. It is situated 230 km away from Kathmandu in Rubandehi District of Southern Terai (lowland), at an altitude of 600 ft. above sea level. Lumbini, respected by all Buddhists. In 1998, Lumbini was declared as the Fountain of world peace and the pilgrimage for all the peace loving people of the world.
Some important places in Lumbini are:
- The Lumbini Garden : This is the site marked by a certain stone pillar erected by the Indian Emperor Ashoka at about 245 B.C. The most important discovery in this place is a stone marked to suggest the exact birthplace of Buddha.
- Mayadevi Temple : This temple, dedicated to the mother of lord Buddha- Maya Devi, was excavated a few years ago. Many sculptures and carving in which the figures and designs are only slightly projecting from their background are seen here.
- Pushkarni pond : This is the pond where Mayadevi is said to have had a bath before giving birth to Buddha.
- Ramagram : It is believed to be the maternal home of Buddha. This is where we can see the biggest stupa, with important relics. It is said that it was built around 600 B.C.
- Lumbini has many new monasteries occupied by different nations. Some notable ones are:
- The Myanmar temple was built with the contribution from Burmese Buddhist. The monastery is an attractive big white structural monument with a golden pinnacle soaring into the sky.
- The China temple, which is a very beautiful pagoda styled temple with many prayer and meditation cells.
- The Korean Temple is a beautifully set temple having many remarkable images of Buddha.
Besides these, there are others like the Nepal Buddhia Temple and the Dharmaswami Buddhist monastery. Other countries like Japan , Sri Lanka , Thailand , Vietnam , etc. are also contributing to build more temples and monasteries from different country.
Access to Lumbini
Royal Nepal Airlines and other airlines fly regularly to Bhairahawa, near Lumbini, and bus services are available from Pokhara and Kathmandu.
4 Nights/5 Days Lumbini Tour
Arrival, Overnight at Hotel. Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal :
Our representative will pick-up from the airport and transfer to Hotel
Fly Kathmandu to Bhairawa and drive to Lumbini, Overnight at Hotel :
Wake up in the early morning have breakfast and get ready to fly to Bhairawa. Bhairawa Airport is the nearest airport from Lumbini. It is around 25 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Bhairawa. Get off at Bhairawa airport. Our representative will be at Bhairawa airport and drive to Lumbini. Bhairawa to Lumbini is 25 km. Check-in at hotel in Lumbini and after short refreshment sightseeing of Lumbini. Visit: Maya Devi Temple, Asoka Piller, museums and monasteries of Lumbini.
Kapilvastu sightseeing, Overnight at Hotel :
Have breakfast and get ready to drive to Kapilvastu around 8:00 AM in the morning. Visit: Kapilvastu, Niglihawa, Kudan, Gotihawa, Ashoka Pillar.
Flyback Bhairawa to Kathmandu, Overnight at Hotel:
Wake up in the morning have breakfast and get ready to drive to Bhairawa. Take a domestic flight from Bhairawa airport and arrive in Kathmandu. The rest of the day is free and relax.
Feature Price: 400
Special offers for group
Person : USD 400 per Person
- 2 – 5
Person : USD 375 per Person
- 6 +
Person : USD 350 per Person
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- All transportation till to End
- English speaking, trained and experienced local tour guide (optional)
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Heritage sites entrance fees
- All government and local taxes
- International airfares/ airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Drinks hot and cold.
- Bottled drinks on trek (cold and alcoholic)
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu
- Tips(Tipping are expected)